* Questions on payload types & niceness
@ 2023-10-30 22:07 John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2023-10-30 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

Hi Sergey,

I created a very simple test NNCP packet with:

echo payload | /usr/bin/nncp-exec -cfg nncp1.hjson nncp3 testcmd arg1 arg2

I've been working to decode NNCP packets in Rust.  I've observed a few
oddities:

The niceness in the outer header (encrypted packet header) is 96, while
in the inner plain header it is 224.

Also, the payload type is 3 rather than 2.  I wonder if the payload
types start at 1 instead of 0?

Another random question: why is the niceness in both the outer
(encrypted) and inner (plain) headers?  When might it be different
between them?  Which one do the NNCP tools respect?

Thanks!

- John

* Re: Questions on payload types & niceness
@ 2023-10-31  8:25 ` Sergey Matveev
From: Sergey Matveev @ 2023-10-31  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel