* Back to gvisor.dev/gvisor
@ 2022-09-04 14:43 Sergey Matveev
From: Sergey Matveev @ 2022-09-04 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

Greetings!

Some time ago NNCP depended on Google's gvisor.dev/gvisor, to be able to
work with Yggdrasil peers. But it has huge number of dependencies, so
there was inet.af/netstack fork, that included only the needed small
part of it.

Unfortunately I discovered that it does not build under Go 1.19 anymore.
Several files are explicitly marked as non-buildable under that version
of Go. Probably it is just for safety reasons, because when I removed
those "!go1.19" tags -- everything *seems* to work, but I am not
completely sure.

But inet.af/netstack is officially obsolete now, because Go 1.17 has
ability of lazy modules loading: https://github.com/inetaf/netstack/issues/4

So I moved NNCP back to gvisor.dev/gvisor, without any noticeable growth
of go.sum file. However that requires Go 1.17 now. As I remember, there
were some issues on 32-bit platforms with gvisor, but, as I can see in
their commit messages, they seem to be testing it under those systems now.

--
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Back to gvisor.dev/gvisor
@ 2022-09-06 23:40 ` John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2022-09-06 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Matveev; +Cc: nncp-devel

Hi Sergey!

On Sun, Sep 04 2022, Sergey Matveev wrote:

> But inet.af/netstack is officially obsolete now, because Go 1.17 has
> ability of lazy modules loading: https://github.com/inetaf/netstack/issues/4

I was anticipating this but not looking forward to it, due to it being a
real pain to package gvisor since a lot of distro tooling doesn't yet
deal with the new lazy loading.  But it makes sense so I'll do what I
can here.

Thanks,

John

* Re: Back to gvisor.dev/gvisor