* onlinedeadline prevents checksum from running
@ 2021-05-10  2:22 John Goerzen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Goerzen @ 2021-05-10  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

Hi Sergey,

Three bug reports in one weekend.  Sorry about that :-)

So I have a situation where I was receiving a 250GB packet.  I'm
not quite sure why it got interrupted -- it seems maybe a locking
issue with nncp-toss -- but anyhow, it did.  I was running
nncp-call -onlinedeadline 10 in a loop (making sure to download
all the packets from the remote).  I noticed it wasn't progressing
-- getting about 2GB in and then hanging.  Why was that?

It was the -onlinedeadline 10.  Got rid of that and then it
progressed like it should.

I think there needs to be logic that the checksumming of a
completed packet doesn't get interrupted by the onlinedeadline,
since it could take significantly longer than one might tend to
set the onlinedeadline for.

Thanks!

- John

* Re: onlinedeadline prevents checksum from running
@ 2021-05-10  3:36 ` John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2021-05-10  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

On Sun, May 09 2021, John Goerzen wrote:

> sure to download all the packets from the remote).  I noticed it
> wasn't
> progressing -- getting about 2GB in and then hanging.  Why was
> that?
>
> It was the -onlinedeadline 10.  Got rid of that and then it
> progressed like it
> should.

I spoke too soon.  It got to about 100GB but then still crashed.
(Perhaps a timeout on the remote?  Just speculating.)

I wound up using nncp-check -nock, which did get the job done.

Thanks again,

@ 2021-05-10 16:40 ` Sergey Matveev
From: Sergey Matveev @ 2021-05-10 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

Greetings, John!

*** John Goerzen [2021-05-09 21:22]:
>Three bug reports in one weekend.  Sorry about that :-)

Feedback is always worth of it! I was on a vacation without any computer
and connectivity, so will look on all reported issues at the end of the
week.

--
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: onlinedeadline prevents checksum from running
@ 2021-05-30 16:53 ` Sergey Matveev
From: Sergey Matveev @ 2021-05-30 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel