From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete•org>
To: tidux@sdf•org
Cc: nncp-devel@lists.cypherpunks.ru
Subject: Re: NNCP proxy for Internet mail providers?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 21:18:47 -0500	[thread overview]

On Tue, Oct 26 2021, tidux@sdf•org wrote:

> Would anyone be interested in a daemon or set of daemons that
> sat
> between a "normal" IMAP4+SMTP-submission remote access mail host
> and a
> local sendmail/nncp/postfix setup?  I figure this use case is
> what's

That's a nice idea!

So the idea is you have some Internet host -- maybe a cheap VPS or
something -- that can download mail from the real provider, then
gate it to NNCP?

I suspect you could make this work pretty easily with fetchmail
(particularly with the --bsmtp command, for instance).  My Exim
example at http://www.nncpgo.org/Exim.html illustrates using bsmtp
over NNCP.  It could use --mda instead also.

- John