[nncp-devel] Pipe option for addrs / nncp-daemon?

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen_at_domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 22:56:47 -0500
Hi,

One of the neat properties of Taylor UUCP is that one can run the thing
over just about anything.  I'm not saying modem support would be helpful
in NNCP, but I wonder if a transport that takes a pipe could be added?
I'm thinking of situations in which firewall ports aren't necessarily
open, but other methods may be.  For instance:

neigh foo:
  addrs:
    main: "| ssh foo nncp-daemon -pipe"

Of course, this would permit methods other than ssh as well.  Here I
think of things like low-bandwidth radio links, etc.

The -pipe option above may be very similar, or even identical, to
-inetd, I would imagine.

Why not nncp-bundle?  Well, a couple reasons; the two big ones being not
being resumable and not having a positive acknowledgment of being