* [EN] NNCP 8.8.3 release announcement
@ 2023-04-29 11:06 Sergey Matveev
From: Sergey Matveev @ 2023-04-29 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

I am pleased to announce NNCP 8.8.3 release availability!

NNCP (Node to Node copy) is a collection of utilities simplifying
secure store-and-forward files and mail exchanging.

This utilities are intended to help build up small size (dozens of
nodes) ad-hoc friend-to-friend (F2F) statically routed darknet
delay-tolerant networks for fire-and-forget secure reliable files, file
requests, Internet mail and commands transmission. All packets are
integrity checked, end-to-end encrypted (E2EE), explicitly authenticated
by known participants public keys. Onion encryption is applied to
relayed packets. Each node acts both as a client and server, can use
push and poll behaviour model. Also there is multicasting areas support.

Out-of-box offline sneakernet/floppynet, dead drops, sequential and
append-only CD-ROM/tape storages, air-gapped computers support. But
online TCP daemon with full-duplex resumable data transmission exists.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Fixed 'nncp-reass' command, that incorrectly reported about wrong
  last chunk's size if it is multiple of the chunk-size.

* Updated dependencies.  Go 1.20+ is required now.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

NNCP's home page is: http://www.nncpgo.org/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-8.8.3.tar.xz (1779 KiB)
    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-8.8.3.tar.xz.sig

GPG key ID: 0x2B25868E75A1A953 NNCP releases <releases@nncpgo•org>
Fingerprint: 92C2 F0AE FE73 208E 46BF  F3DE 2B25 868E 75A1 A953

There are mirrors where you can also get the source code tarballs:
http://www.nncpgo.org/Mirrors.html

Please send questions regarding the use of NNCP, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: http://lists.cypherpunks.ru/nncp_002ddevel.html

--
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)

[-- Attachment #1.2: nncp-8.8.3.tar.xz.meta4 --]
[-- Type: application/metalink4+xml, Size: 1869 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [EN] NNCP 8.8.3 release announcement
@ 2023-05-05 13:14 ` John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2023-05-05 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

Hi everyone,

Thanks Sergey for the fix!

A quick update:

My Docker NNCP image is updated to 8.8.3.

For Debian, we are quite near a new release.  The changes to the Go deps
in 8.8.3 aren't going to qualify for a freeze exception.  However, I
cherry-picked the fix for the reported bug and released 8.8.2-3 with it.
I requested and was granted a freeze exception, meaning that this bugfix
is likely to be present when the next stable version of Debian is
released in the coming weeks.  I will also make a bullseye-backports
release of 8.8.2-3 as soon as it enters testing.

Once the Debian release completes, I will need to wait for Go 1.20 to
enter unstable, and then I will upload 8.8.3 properly.

- John