* ANN: nmail - sending and receiving mail over NNCP
@ 2021-10-27  7:00 Koushik Roy
From: Koushik Roy @ 2021-10-27  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nncp-devel

Hey all,

I've been hacking on https://github.com/Koshroy/nmail recently, which is
a really simple program that helps send and receive mail via NNCP. I'm
running Postfix as my MTA, so I have an NNCP transport defined and have
mails meant for NNCP go over a Postfix pipe service to nmail. Headers
are munged on the receiving side to make it easy to reply to mails and
have these replys go over NNCP as well.

If you're interested in using the software, please let me know what you
think!

Thanks,
Koushik

* Re: ANN: nmail - sending and receiving mail over NNCP
@ 2021-11-11  2:40 ` John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2021-11-11  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koushik Roy; +Cc: nncp-devel

This is a pretty neat idea!

Can you clarify for me a bit - what is nmail doing that a mapping
in the MTA wouldn't?   For instance, some MTA mapping saying:

foo@{addr}.nncp -> nncp-exec addr:rmail foo@{addr}.nncp

Just wanting to make sure I understand what it's doing.

Is it looking up aliases in nncp.hjson?

John