From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete•org>
To: nncp-devel@lists.cypherpunks.ru
Subject: autotoss bug
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 08:44:24 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi,

I started trying out -autotoss with nncp-call for the first time
this week.  I experienced an issue with a set of data piped to
nncp-exec; an incomplete set of data was sent to the process on
the receiving side.

I had interrupted nncp-call with Ctrl-C at some point during this
experimentation, and I also experienced some protocol-related
hangups from each end, so I am theorizing that nncp-call attempted
to autotoss an incomplete packet.

I removed -autotoss from the command line, and after the calls
with the remote eventually concluded, nncp-toss tossed the packet
correctly (with full data).

The packet was being fed into a command that was able to detect
the incomplete data and exited with an error code, permitting the
retries that eventually succeeded.

I've never seen this behavior with regular nncp-toss.

Thanks,

- John