public inbox for govpn-devel@lists.cypherpunks.ru
Atom feed
From: stargrave@stargrave•org
To: govpn-devel@lists.cypherpunks.ru
Subject: Re: [Govpn-devel] Security issues in protocol
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 15:01:38 +0300	[thread overview]

*** Watson Ladd <watsonbladd@gmail•com> [2015-05-04 05:00]:
>This attack can be prevented by using Elligator, or by using
>alternative PAKE schemes which are proved to be secure such as SPAKE2.

Elligator encoding is applied to DH public key before its encryption in
development branch. So, as I clearly understand, we can not determine
successful decryption of public DH when guessing passwords.

Do you mind if I mention you on the Thanks page for your suggestion and
pointing this issue out? If so, should I specify your email address?

--
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev