public inbox for goredo-devel@lists.cypherpunks.ru
Atom feed
From: Andrew Chambers <ac@acha•ninja>
To: goredo-devel@lists.cypherpunks.ru
Subject: Nested dirs for non existing targets
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:05:26 +1200	[thread overview]

Hi there,

I noticed every time I mistype a target, I have to delete the
directories that it creates... e.g.

If I mean to type:

redo ../foo/bar/baz

and I accidentally type:

redo ./foo/bar/baz

I will need to clean up some junk directories that goredo has created.

Other redo implementations do not seem to create nested target
directories like this, is this the intended behavior? I wondered if
perhaps it only meant to create the .redo directory, but not necessarily
the parents that do not exist. I wonder if it should avoid creating the
empty target directories if they do not exist and instead raise an error.

Regards,
Andrew Chambers